Command is comprised of the following roles.
- Head Of Personnel
- Head of Secuirty
- Chief Engineer
- Research Director
- Chief Medical Officer
The Commanding Officer with authority over the entire station. Eventually dies and has the Head of Personnel take over. Limited only by style - Just don't forget the disk. The only position that can issue death warrants without a trial.
- Required Knowlage: How the AI works, What other Heads of Staff should be doing.
- Round start to-do list: Check in with your Heads of Staff. Secure the nuclear authorization disk and give the pinpointer to someone trustworthy for maximum safety.
- Main Tasks: Making sure your heads of staff are doing their jobs, figure out what needs to be done and delegate. Keep the disk close to you.
- Main Problems: Many high-risk items start in your office or directly in your possession. And your shiny gold id card is coveted by almost every troublemaker. Expect many attempts to be made on your life for these things.
Equal rank with all other non-captain Heads of Staff. Becomes acting Captain if the original Captain is dead or MIA. Responsible for staffing and HR-related duties. Authority over all civil department, including the Janitor, Chef, Barman, Clown, Mime, Assistants, Lawyers, Chaplain, Curator, and Botanists.
The Head of Personnel can either be a Godsend or worse than a banana-flinging clown for the station. He can also savor the prestige or feel shackled to the ID computer. If you find yourself wearing teal, make the most of it by doing your job correctly.
- Required knowledge: How to use the Identification Console. A rough idea of how access is distributed throughout the station. What Kitchen, Hydroponics and the Janitor should be doing.
- Round-start to-do list: Stay at your desk for at least the first 10 minutes to manage the shift-start rush.
- Main tasks: Manage IDs.
- Main problems: Your department (the civil department) doesn't ever acknowledge you as their boss. It's your duty to make that a thing of the past!
Equal rank with all other non-captain Heads of Staff. Although he technically has access, other Heads may deny him from entering their domains. Usually withheld from a promotion to acting Captain if other Heads are available, however in times of crisis he may usually force himself into the position as acting Captain to better control the crisis. Oversees security matters with authority over Security Officers, the Warden and the Detective. Expected to detain and handle those who endanger the station, including other heads of staff, and in some cases, the Captain.
- Required knowledge: How to use security equipment, a firm grasp on Space Law, and rough idea of what kind of threats the station will have to face and how to deal with them.
- Round-start to-do list: Get your officers to report in, if they don't, remind them that the security force doesn't work without teamwork and communication, and have them demoted if they're still acting like a lone mute wolf.
- Main tasks: Try to keep the crew as safe as possible. Keep your officers from degenerating to shitcurity when things get rough.
- Main problems: Assistants pushing each other is not a big problem, you shouldn't have to spend much time on those. Focus on the big fish instead.
Equal rank with all other non-captain Heads of Staff. Due to AI access, often promoted to acting Captain if there is neither a Captain nor a HoP. Oversees research efforts with authority over Scientists, Roboticists, and Geneticists. Maintains the integrity of the AI and its Cyborgs.
- Required knowledge: Know how R&D works, how to upgrade machines, how xenobiology works, how telescience works and how robotics work.
- Round-start to-do list: Make sure one of your scientist is doing R&D and help him out if needed. Ask if there are miners around and request the minerals your R&D and Robotics both need.
- Main tasks: Upgrading machines across the station.
- Main problems: Bombs made in toxins usually get sneaked out and exploded. Check on them from time to time.
Equal rank with all other non-captain Heads of Staff. Oversees the maintenance of the station, with authority over Station Engineers and Atmospheric Technicians. Authority over Telecoms maintenance.
- Required knowledge: How the telecommunications, atmospherics, solars and the supermatter work. How to deconstruct an APC.
- Round-start to-do list: Have your team start the supermatter correctly and have power flowing to the station. Make sure the atmospheric system is set up correctly.
- Main tasks: Listening the radio for people yelling about station damage and delegating your engineers there with appropriate tools and materials.
- Main problems: The station is bound to have explosions or at least minor holes in it during the shift. Learn how to tackle the exploded telecommunications -situation and you'll be irreplaceable in more than one shift, guaranteed.
Equal rank with all other non-captain Heads of Staff. If a Head of Staff is acting medically unstable, it is the CMO's duty to disable and treat them till they are once again fit for duty (which could be never). Oversees station-wide medical issues with authority over the Virologist, Chemists and Medical Doctors.
- Required knowledge: How to cure viruses and create vaccines. Formulas for the most common medicines. How to prepare and administer clean SEs.
- Round-start to-do list: Make an announcement to the crew about maxing out their suit sensors so you'll be able to help them when they get in trouble. Check that the cryogenic tubes get set up, possibly with a more efficient mixture of chemicals from the chemist.
- Main tasks: Check the Crew Monitoring Console from time to time for dead/dying people.
- Main problems: Medical jobs are a common choice for new players seeking a relevant role. So when not absent, dead, or traitorous, expect your staff to need constant babysitting and guidance on how to perform even basic treatments.
Authority over the supply sector, including Cargo Technicians and Shaft Miners.
- Required knowledge: Managing Cargo Tech's, how to operate the Cargo Bay.
- Round-start to-do list: Check how many Cargo Tech's are on shift, get them doing something useful such as collecting crates.
- Main tasks: Processing crew order requests.
- Main problems: Hostile and impatient crew members, syndicate sympathizers, miners not appreciating you taking some plasma for points, inept cargo techs, miners dying in the first five minutes, lava land lizards, and Security. Depending on your loyalty to the station you will either face problems from Security or revolutionary's/ cultists/ the grey-tide.